Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peace

I have a favorite poem that a student from one of my meditation classes gave me. I keep it on my refrigerator.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble
or hard work. It means to be in
the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.
(unknown)

Peace is not the absence of war. Peace does not come from an outside source. Rather it is born and held from within the soul.
Jesus Christ said; “peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.” (John 14:27) KJV.

Peace is something that you and I can choose. We decide how we will react to any situation. We have peace within us. We just need to tap into it. How do we do that? With prayer! We can ask the Lord God to open our heart, and we can ask Him to also give us more peace.

So often I hear people say; “I have been robbed of my peace!” In actuality they were not robbed they chose to give it away. No one can take our peace away from us if we are always mindful that it is ours to hold and cherish. Peace is like a precious jewel that should be treasured and guarded against.

I submit to you a challenge, the next time you feel anger swelling, stop and chose peace. Life is full of choices, good choices and bad choices.

What will you chose?

No comments:

Post a Comment