Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spiritual Faith for Monetary Expectations

I have come to find that within my own faith I am very strong when it comes to the spiritual aspects of my life. I never doubt the unseen, which by many is not so easy now-a-days. I have on occasion doubted the seen, which makes me a little backwards.

I have always had an easy time believing that God can change anything that has to do with spiritual faith; He can move a heart, open an eye or cause a situation to happen that would strengthen ones faith. But when it comes to the “monetary” side of my faith (job, car, relationships and financial needs) sometimes I have doubted.

Recently I have been looking for a new job; as a matter of fact I have been looking since November 2011. God told me to start looking at that time. He said apply to the craziest jobs you think you will never get. And in time I will lead you to where I want you to be and you will receive a salary greater than you expect. Last time I checked God has never lied! A friend told me that God made 7,000 promises in the bible and He kept them all!

Sooo, I started to look. I applied to 10-20 jobs a month and nothing. I kept looking, but this time, instead of getting discouraged I held to the belief that if God could create everything we see and experience with one sentence of “let there be…” I KNEW He could easily get me a job.

Month’s pasts, I kept applying and still nothing, not even an interview, then out of the blue a headhunter sent me an email about a position, the next day I interviewed and the same day they offered me the job. I prayed that morning as I drove to the interview and I said to My Father, Thank you for the new job! Then I said; did you see what I did there? I thanked You up front before anything happened because I know if it’s the right job I’ll get it!”

A friend recently asked me the question; “Why is it so hard for me to trust Him? I know He will always take care of things, He always has, but I still struggle! Why can’t I trust Him whole heartily?”

My response was; “We trust Him whole heartily when it is spiritual, but when it is something in the natural we forget He is still MAGICAL. He can do anything when we have faith! You are just being human!”

We read in scripture time and again when the Lord performed miracle after miracle in the physical world and it baffled the minds of those in that time. Have we forgotten how magical, how wonderful, HOW POWERFUL OUR FATHER IS?! Nothing is too hard for Him!

So often I hear of people complaining that HE HASN’T HELPED ME YET, and I cringe. If you ask our Father or Big Brother Jesus for help, YOU DO NOT have the right to dictate to them a timeframe and an answer! Does that make sense?! Who are we that we would think we know better than They?!

Did you see what happened to me recently with my job search? Every day I thank Him for helping me. The job He wanted me to have was not available for 5 months and as soon as it was HE HAD SOMEONE CONTACT ME that I never met or even knew. They saw my resume on a job board and He moved their heart to contact me. I never applied for that job. Have I told you how AMAZING Our Father is? Hmmm? Have I?!

So then a week passes and I still haven’t received their offer letter. I sent an email and they finally responded back with; we can’t hire you now until August and we can’t send you an offer letter until sometime in July. I have two choices; 1) I can get very angry or 2) I accept that everything is in His hands and He will make all of this work out. I chose #2, was I disappointed? YEP!!!

What is my point? When you ask Him for help then YOU have to let HIM help YOU when the time is right! He knows EVERYTHING about your life. He knows you only have so much money to survive on; He will not let you starve! He feeds the birds and you are no less important to Him then they are. He knows how much physical pain you are in and how much you can tolerate. He knows all of your weaknesses and He knows your STRENGTHS better than you.

Please always remember this. Nothing that ever happens to you is a coincidence. It has passed before Him and He has approved it, be it good or not so good! Everything in life is a test of your faith and trust in your love for Him. He wants to see if you will still be strong in your faith when adversity comes, or are going to cuss Him out and walk away. DON’T BE A FOOL! This life we have is but a temporary moment within time. It lasts for a short time but dictates our place and where we want to be for the rest of our Eternal Existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment