Saturday, October 24, 2009

Heaven – Eternity are they the same?

It is my belief that when you die here on earth, you do not go to Heaven.

You are taken by whatever spirit you served here on earth to a “Realm” in Eternity. That may be a good situation or it may be what some people have called “Hell.” The easiest way to comprehend the “Realms” is to think of the old saying, “Birds of feather flock together.” The murderers are with the murderers, the liars are with the liars and so on. If you would like to get a pretty good idea of what the realms of the departed are like I would encourage you to watch a movie called “What Dreams May Come.” I can tell you that it is almost accurate.

Now, everyone seems to think that when Jesus told the malefactor next to him on the cross, “Today, you will be with me in Paradise” that Jesus took him to Heaven. If all we have to do is ask for forgiveness and repent before we die to get to Heaven, then why would Jesus, be coming back for a select few? Jesus took the malefactor to a “Realm” in Eternity called “Paradise.”

I ask you this question: when Jesus died, where did He go for three days? Jesus, The Son of God, didn’t even go to Heaven after He died.

The Bible states in I Peter 3:18-20 (NKJV):
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.”

Why did He do that? When the people were about to drown, they repented with an open heart and their pleas registered at God’s throne. Jesus’ death ushered in a new era called “The time of Grace.” God sent His own Son to tell these souls that soon they will be redeemed. When Jesus arose from the dead three days later, He spoke to Mary Magdalene in the garden.

It states in John 20:17 (NKJV):
Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.”

Not all of these Realms are bad. Please, I don’t want to give you the impression that all of them are horrible places. They are not. We really know very little about them. All I do know is that they do exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment