Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Prayer

I speak to many people from all walks of life and faiths and they share with me their problems and concerns.  After they are finished I ask them, “Do you pray about this and tell our Heavenly Father?”  Most of them say, “No He’s too busy.”  Or, “I'm mad at Him and haven’t prayed for years. It wouldn’t make any difference anyway.”

Most of the time when your life seems to have many struggles or complications and you don’t have any kind of relationship with Father; this could be His way of getting your attention.  He doesn’t punish ever, but He does greatly encourage people to come to Him.  He is not human in any way.  So to Him it doesn’t matter how long you haven’t spoken to Him.  He doesn’t hold a grudge.  He'd just like to hear from you.

Then they say to me, “I wouldn’t even know how to start to talk to Him.”  I tell them to begin like this.  “Hi, my life sucks please help me.”  It's as easy as that.  There's no formal way that you need to approach Him.  I don’t care what any of the religions say about this.  You don’t need to “suck up” to Him or as I like to say; “butter His muffin.”  He's not an idiot or clueless to your situation.  He wants YOU to tell Him what you feel and what you need.  All you need is a little faith and trust in Him.

Prayer life should never be a drudgery.  It should NEVER be habit either.  Don’t pray to just pray!  Don’t repeat things over and over again, either. He’s not deaf!  And yes He can hear you.  You have to treat Him like a friend.  Would you discuss the same things over and over again repeating the same things every day with your best friend in life?  You would not!  They'd probably smack you in the back of the head and ask what’s wrong with you?!  If you are tired as you go to bed at night don’t drone on and on not making any sense.  Tell Him you love Him and you’ll talk to Him in the morning when you're coherent.  He'll appreciate that.

A prayer is but a conversation.  It's intimate, it's to the point and it should be filled with respect and love for Him.  You don’t have to praise Him before you ask Him for help.  If you don’t feel like praising Him don’t.  Again, He sees your heart so you are not fooling Him.

Some people are afraid to ask Him for anything.  WHY?!  Didn’t Jesus say; If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."   MATTHEW 21:22 (NIV)  Do you know that when Jesus was in the garden praying before the soldiers came to have Him crucified that His entire prayer was for Himself?!  He asked Father for all He would need, nothing else!  So is it so wrong to ask Father for things just for ourselves?  NO it’s not!  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”   MATTHEW 7:7 (NIV)

Many say; “If He knows my heart then why do I need to tell Him?”  Again, how do you build a relationship with someone?  Wouldn’t it be by talking with them and getting to know them?  Have you ever asked Him how His day is going?  Wouldn’t that be a surprise if He told you?!  LOL!

Now what about Jesus?  Do you pray and talk to Him too?  Why not?!  He’s standing by Father’s side listening.  I can tell you there have been many times when I have prayed and prayed and asked Father time and again for an answer and nothing comes.  So the next thing I do is talk with my Big Brother Jesus.  I ask Him to explain to Father why I feel the way I do about this situation and wouldn’t you know a few days later I get my answer.  Try it!


They are as real as we are.  They feel the same emotions we feel.  There is nothing that you could ever hide from Them.  They WANT to hear from you.  Open your heart, build your relationship now.  And be amazed at how fast He answers your prayer.  I DARE YOU TO TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment